Monday, April 21, 2008

lo-fi

i'm trying something new. my lifestyle needs to compensate both for the rising gas prices and a need for community. my solution is simple, yet profound. it's my bicycle; my sweet, chromoly, single speed, 29er, mountain bike. my primary mode of transportation is no longer my gas-loving jeep but my mountain bike. i bought it for commuting and i will use it for commuting.

i'm currently working on a new blog site which will run parallel to orange peel, dedicated solely to an experiment i have dubbed as the "living lo-fi." i want to be faithful to my locale, hence "local fidelity" or "lo-fi." catchy, no? is my boredom obvious? no, no, i earnestly believe there is a better way to live, a way more fulfilling than our oil-dependent, automobile commuting lifestyle, and it's all about community. i live close enough to work, to school, and to a market to ride my bike nearly everywhere. i believe most people can set up their lives in a similar fashion by simply giving it a bit more thought. so, to read about my experiment and my concept of an ideal living model, check back soon and i will post the new blog address.

1 comment:

faith said...

this is fantastic, my friend.