Tuesday, February 3, 2009

eat your cat

i ate lunch today with my good friends, brent and jacob. we went to italian cafe, home of the daily three dollar bottomless pasta dish. delicious and endless. among other things we discussed the current moral, philosophical, political, and religious state of our nation. as you can imagine the conversation quickly turned negative, then pessimistic, and then apocalyptic. in the midst of our less than cheerful observations i shared my realization of the fact that should the city structure fail on a national level, i could hardly provide for myself. allow me to explain what i mean by that. first, have you ever sat back and considered the amount of infrastructure it takes to support the city? if not, simply think of the amount we rely on basic transportation and technology for day to day living. we don't grow our own food, we have it shipped into stores. we organize our lives via computers and cell phones. our homes rely on electricity and natural gas for cooking the food we eat and heating the rooms we live in. i'm just saying that if these aspects of city living were somehow hindered we would be in rough shape. imagine millions of people in need of food and water with no way of providing for themselves.

my solution in such a dire and fictitious situation would be to make a run for the country-side. i could live off the land, kill wild animals and eat wild herbs. unfortunately, i know next to nothing about survival and i'm a pretty poor hunter/fisherman, despite the number of man vs. wild episodes i've watched. in reality i could hardly provide for myself and i'd end up a sad, emaciated human being.

as i shared my lack of survival skills with my friends the answer dawned on me; domestic animals! i could survive by eating domestic animals, or at least feral, typically domesticated animals, like stray cats. my friends thought that under such circumstances that would be a great idea. my break through led us to the logical conclusion that good citizens should no longer spay or neuter their animals, but they should let them breed so that under such dire, fictitious circumstances we could eat them. so, i'm gonna make a bumper sticker that says, "don't spay or neuter your cat, just eat it."

2 comments:

chelsea said...

i would buy that bumper sticker and put it on my nalgene

faith said...

you are what you eat, kitty kitty.