Monday, December 7, 2009

engagement

it has been 3 months since my last entry. a lot has happened and i have a couple finals that i should be studying for, so i thought this an opportune time to be blogospherical.

the biggest news that anyone remotely close to me should know is that i got engaged!! for the best treatment of this topic check out my fiance chelsea's blog. i cannot compete with her blog entry and so i won't give a detailed account of how and where it went down, but here's a picture.

it was wonderful and i'm super excited :)

i'd rather discuss the experience of being engaged. it's something that will only happen once in my life and so i should try to document it and enjoy it as much as possible. i say it that way because, frankly, it's difficult. my friend recently encouraged me by affirming that marriage is waaaaay better. in fact i've heard from a number of couples that their engagement was the most difficult and stressful period of their relationship. i'd say it has been that for ours, though we're making it through pretty darn well so far. after the proposal the wedding arrangements kicked into gear fast. chelsea and her mom are on top of it. seriously, they wasted no time. they're like a nascar pit crew with lug-nuts flyin everywhere and rednecks in wife-beaters eating chili-dogs in hundred degree weather. we already have the place for the wedding and reception and the invitations picked out, she has a dress and bride's maid dresses, we're making guest lists, and we registered. apparently there's still a lot more to do...i can't imagine what.



how cute is she?!

in the short time i've been engaged i've learned that it is great for several reasons:
we are learning how to plan big, important things together
we are learning patience and discipline
we are becoming "we"
people are going to buy us sweet stuff
in 3 months we'll be married

it's also hard because when you're engaged you have to drive all over to do things you would not ordinarily do. i'm not complaining because it's all good stuff and i don't hardly do the amount chelsea does. but, it demands more from the schedule. i also have to take a lot more pictures than usual. i told chelsea that each picture taken reduces my life span and that she's gonna have to deal with that someday when i die early, but she still makes me take them.

honestly, it has all been really fun. i get to hang out all the time with this great girl who will some day be my wife, and we get to plan our future. every thing we do reminds me of why i love her and why i asked her to spend the rest of her life with me. she's a sweetheart and i don't mind getting a little mushy about her.

3 comments:

Tara and Nathaniel said...

Dominick!
You're engaged! We're excited for you! Way to do it quick...we're all for that!
When are you coming to CS to let us meet her? Oh, and to meet our baby?!
Hooray for marriage! You'll love it!

Marilyn said...

I loved reading your blog! Your my favorite son-in-love to be. I think I have a little chili on the front of my shirt.

Three Two Hold One Lost said...

Dominick,
Congrats. We love Chelsea and miss her so very badly! So sad that you two got so serious as to when we were moving.....I have only great expectations for you as Chelsea's future husband. I trust her judgement. Hug her and tell her that I wish I was there to see your smiling faces in person.
Angela Gier and kiddos