Monday, February 25, 2008

planned...attempted...and thwarted

This morning I had a great idea; I was going to begin a documentary of my typical week. I would carry my camera around and take pictures of all the things I do, then post them on the orange peel and document things. It all started off well, I got some great photos of my oatmeal and coffee. I considered photographing myself while shaving and then decided it would be weird.

Off I drove to work to take some great pictures of the Riley Center and of my co-worker rudy and I goofing around.

Maybe I could have captured some interesting guests too? Who knows, it would be an adventure.

So I pulled up to work and took a good snapshot of the Riley Center, then of myself walking up to the huge tinted window outside. Next I would photo the front desk. But no! I couldn't take one of the front desk because my memory was full!!! Never fear, I could delete a few pics right? Right.

I entered the office with the plan to delete the old or crummy pictures and then get some good ones throughout the day. As soon as I walked in though, much to my dismay, I was confronted by 40 registration cards.

That meant I was going to check in 40 guests that afternoon.

No worries, Rudy would be there to help me out. What's that you say? Rudy is out sick today? And I'm going to check in all 40 guests by myself? And they're all coming within an hour and a half of each other?

(40 guests is a LOT by the way)

As you can imagine I lost any desire to fool around with my digital camera. I was far too busy dreading the next eight hours of my life alone and up against a small army of middle aged men in a hurry.

At the end of the day I had survived the onslaught with little more than tense shoulders and a mild headache, though my brain was too dead to deal with the camera. No more pictures today.

Why am I explaining all of this? I don't know. I was going to put up the pictures I did take and press on, but my camera just ran out of batteries and I have no more double A's. Nuts. At some point this week I'll get some batteries and begin the documentary.

At the moment I'm recuperating. Recuperating means I can't do any school work.

So i'm recuperating and blogging.

No comments: